2016-17 Grant Application Instructions
- Before applying for a grant from the Denton Benefit League, review the DBL Grant Policy. This policy describes the qualifications, requirements, types of grant requests accepted, and the application process.
- Information sessions for applicants will be held at the Cumberland Presbyterian Children’s Home, 1304 Bernard St., Denton, on Tuesday, September 6, 2016, at 1:30 PM and Wednesday, September 7, 2016, at 9:30 AM. These sessions cover grant requirements and the application and allow for questions. Each information session will last about one hour. Prospective applicants sign up for one of the sessions by emailing Grants@dentonbenefitleague.org
- When completing the application form, enter responses in the spaces provided. Please download and fill out the 2016-2017 Grant Application Form.
- Grant applications, including all attachments, must be submitted electronically to Grants@dentonbenefitleague.org by September 30, 2016. In addition, one copy of the application only must be mailed, with a postmark no later than September 30, 2016, to Sandra Robinson, Chair, Grant Allocations Committee, Denton Benefit League, PO Box 2938, Denton, TX 76202-2938.
- Each organization that submits a grant and meets the qualifications noted in Section III and the requirements listed in Section VI of the Grant Policy will be scheduled for a mandatory interview with the Grant Allocations Committee. The interviews will be held on October 25 and 26, 2016 at the Cumberland Presbyterian Children’s Home, 1304 Bernard St., Denton. The organization will be notified of its interview time in early October and must confirm the appointment as specified in that notice. Two representatives of the organization, one of whom is an officer of the Board of Directors or a department head, participate in the 10 minute interview.
- Organizations are notified as to grant decisions following the November DBL general meeting.